This is what Jamie and I cooked for dinner yesterday from Madeleine Shaw’s book “Get the Glow”. A very straight forward recipe and rather quick to make. It was delicious! I brought some of the leftovers to work today. This got me thinking that about writing a post of what I do to stay on track when I’m sitting still at the office all day. So here are some things that I do:
- I always walk to work. No matter the weather (unless there’s a hurricane outside). The best way to wake up in the morning, who needs coffee? It takes med about 30 minutes each way, which is perfect!
- I pack my own lunch and make sure I have nice healthy snacks with me when the hunger strikes. I try to make sure that there are leftovers for me to bring in and then pack a banana, some nuts and a nice dark bread sandwich with avocado in it, heaven! Another favourite is carrot sticks with hummus or a nice Nakd Bar. If I for some reason don’t bring a packed lunch I go to Martha’s around the corner. Healthy fast food, amazing!
- I bring my huge water bottle and set drinking goals for the day. Staying hydrated is very important! Amazing for your body and your skin (I think my colleagues think I have a bladder problem but it’s good to get up and walking during your time at the office). 😛
- During my break I force myself to go outside for some fresh air and a walk. Perfect way to clear your head and get your body moving.
- I enjoy a cup or two of jasmine green tea. Being full of antioxidants and metabolism boosting properties are just some of the benefits. Plus, who doesn’t like a nice comforting cup of tea?