Hi babes! I think these tags are really fun to read on other blogs so I thought it was about time to do one myself! Hopefully you guys will like it. Let me know what you think of it and if I should do more. So here are ten things I don’t think you know about me.
1. I’m really paranoid that my alarm won’t go off in the morning so I’ll always check at least three times that it’s set (opening and closing my app on my phone). Then I always set two alarms five minutes apart in case for some reason the first one doesn’t go off. I once switched my alarm off in my sleep and since then I’m scarred for life 😛
2. Speaking of paranoia, when I’m home alone I need to check the door is locked at least twice. This also quite often includes me actually going to bed, switching the lights off, getting unsure whether I locked the door or not so I then force myself to get out of bed to go and check if I locked the door. It’s never been unlocked.
3. In September I’ve lived abroad for eleven years of my life. Other than living in Glasgow I’ve in Japan and Singapore. I love living abroad, discovering new places and cultures. Don’t think I’ll be moving back to Sweden anytime soon.
4. I have a South Korean grandmother. Her and my Swedish/Danish grandfather met during the Korean war whilst working for the Red Cross. So yes I’m a mix of Swedish, South Korean and Danish. I get a lot of people inspecting my face closely for any Asian features as soon as they this find out. I find it very awkward.
5. I’m really scared of birds. Yes, I get a lot of weird reactions from this too. They are just not very pleasant animals. It’s really embarrassing when they fly towards me and I jump a metre up into the air and shriek. I can’t help it!
6. I’ve moved home 12 times in my life. Haha it’s a lot but I’m so used to moving by now that I actually love getting settled into a new country, city, or neighbourhood. Not so much the actual moving bit but once the packing and unpacking is done, getting to create a new home is like a fresh start.
7. I have to have a mouth thing (don’t know what to call it really) in my mouth when I sleep. This is because I grind my teeth so badly it apparently sounds like shrieking mice (I’ve been told about this through friends sleeping over when I was younger). I was so paranoid about this when I had boyfriends sleeping over when I was younger and especially with Jamie (thought he was so good looking and amazing and I felt so unattractive with it haha). He really couldn’t have cared less and now I don’t think about it anymore. Now I’m more worried about my teeth getting ruined if I forget it when I’m away.
8. I’m terrified of what happens after we die. I actually can’t even think about it without feeling anxious. I can’t ever imagine this will all one day be over, this life I live will one day disappear. I hate thinking I won’t have all my loved ones around me anymore. I do believe (hope for) in life after death but I need proof people! I can’t write more about this anymore because I’m getting scared just bringing this up now.
9. I want to study Spanish because I think Jamie and I will one day live in Barcelona. Not anytime in the near future but once we want to settle down when we get older I think it would be perfect for us (Jamie too, yes he does get a say in this 😛 ). It’s ironic how my entire time at school I studied French and now I want to move to Spain one day.
10. I don’t really like to sleep. I’ve come to the realisation only recently that I don’t understand people who love to sleep loads. Jamie is one of them, he could sleep all day if he didn’t set an alarm and he loves sleeping. I only sleep because I have to and I know I need about eight hours sleep to function. This is why I always set my alarm so I don’t sleep anymore than eight hours.
Now you know a bit more about me and the weird things I’ve got going on. Please tell me that I’m not the only one who does weird things like some of the stuff I mentioned above!